Monday, July 25, 2011

Mary J. Blige Opens up about sexual abuse





Opening up about an emotional topic, Mary J. Blige told VH1's Behind the Music that being molested when she was a child made her feel "worthless."Last night, the Grammy award-winning singer gave a candid interview in which she talks about her difficult childhood and molested at the age of five.
Discussing the sexual abuse, Mary said: "When I was five years old I was molested and just, you know. I remember feeling, literally right before it happened, I just could not believe that this person was going to do this to me." However, the fear and anger soon turned to blaming herself. She added: "That thing followed me all my life. The shame of thinking my molestation was my fault."

"It led me to believe I wasn't worth anything."Mary also opened up about her alcohol problems and credits husband Kendu for her ability to quit: "When I stopped drinking, it was willpower."

"It was prayer. It was really hard. But most of all, I cared so much about [Kendu], I didn't wanna be just this alcoholic burden on him."In addition to Kendu, she is eternally grateful to Diddy:

"If it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't have made it this far in my career, because he pushed me, challenged me to challenge myself."We applaud Mary for speaking so candidly on such topics, and wish her nothing but the best in her continuing musical pursuits


0 comments:

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogger news

Copyright © Trending Hollywood Celebrity Scandal Updates Design by BTDesigner | Blogger Theme by BTDesigner | Powered by Blogger